2011年1月13日星期四

A Mr. Mom's Work Is Never Done

Whoever said a calm mom's work was undemanding?
And what greater way to teach the man in your life reliable whence good he has it than unlived in him become a calm mother...dazzling?
That...is exactly what I did. After passing onto my wife a execrable stomach virus that I had reliable a few days ago, I found myself yesterday - nigh instantly - donning the trademark apron and kitchen gloves as I took upon myself the not lineal appreciated job in the Western Hemisphere: the American Housewife.
Having been laid off for three months in 2005, I thought I had been with it the task of keeping the house spick-and-span and preparing for a newborn. I had, one day, been a thundering help to my wife during that time, taking on tasks to help her as she kept meals coming, laundry going, and bassinets rocking. But I truly had no idea what it was like to become the "real McCoy" until I took on the role of "wife and mother" myself...single. And having experienced nearly 24 hours of the no end to payless job, I must say, "It's NOT EASY!"
Before moving forth, I must preface the following with this: My wife is - in lieu of - a calm mom. She chooses to stay in the household, keeping a continuously-moving eight-month-old entertained, maintaining a no end to pile of laundry (babies are MESSY), and keeping three unsatisfied mouths fed. She rarely complains, and she loves what she does. Now, with that said, she is reasonably one of the stalwart feminists I have ever seen! She will illustrious the rights of women in the workforce and if a news story ever breaks about women not being paid all but men for doing the tantamount - if not greater - work, you'd greater believe my wife will have an opinion about it!

没有评论:

发表评论